We provide specialist paediatric care to newborns, babies, children, and adolescents up to and including 16 years. Age exceptions will be considered for paediatric patients with chronic and complex needs.
We are currently not taking referrals for management of mental health related diagnosis.
Allergy and Immunology services
- Food allergies (Including: Anaphylaxis, FPIES and eosinophilic esophagitis and intolerances)
- Drug allergies
- Allergic rhinitis (Hay fever)
- Testing- Skin prick testing, intradermal testing
- Food challenges
- Allergen Immunotherapy (Desensitisation).
- Immune system disorders including immunodeficiency, autoinflammatory disorders, eosinophilic esophagitis, angioedema, and chronic urticaria.
- Infants: Feeding problems, reflux, cow’s milk protein intolerance, settling, colic, growth concerns, 6-week baby check, premature baby follow up
- Developmental and behavioural concerns: Developmental delay, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), specific learning disorders and intellectual impairment.
- General Paediatric concerns: Chronic and complex issues, sleep concerns, headaches, epilepsy, asthma, recurrent infections, chronic cough, constipation, recurrent abdominal pain, coeliac, puberty related concerns (early/late), diabetes, bed wetting
All patients will need a valid referral from your GP prior to appointment. This can be organised with your GP through medical objects secure messaging (ask your GP to search for PAEDIX ), fax (07) 2111 4101 or email it through to email@example.com at the time of appointment booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do I bring to my child’s appointment?
• Medicare card
• Referral letter and/ or other specialist letters
• Medication list / Medications
• Red book (QLD) / Blue Book (NSW)
• Any relevant reports from school and allied health
• NDIS plans
• Pathology results and imaging (X-ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound)
• Documents / completed questionnaire sent out prior to appointments
Can I use referral addressed for another Paediatrician?
Yes. You can use your referral for any specialist to review your child as long as it hasn’t expired.
Do you provide telehealth?
We see our patients face to face. However, telehealth may be provided at the doctor’s discretion to our rural/regional patients for planned review (not initial) visits.
How long will the appointment take?
Paediatric health issues can be complex and getting the correct diagnosis and management plan for your child will make a difference into the future. That’s why children seen in our clinic are generally given one hour as a new patient with a new problem and 30 minutes for a review consultation. We will not be able to see both General Paediatric issues and Allergy/Immunology issues in the same session.
What if I am running late or miss an appointment?
We understand life can get messy especially with children. If you are running late, please call us as soon as possible to make arrangement to see your child either same day or organise alternate time / day.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your child’s appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. A non-attendance fee may be charged if you don’t attend without notice. If you fail to attend consecutive appointments, you may be discharged back to your referring doctor for care.
What are your fees?
Please contact us via email or phone. This will help us understand your needs and provide the right options for you.
Do you bulk-bill?
As PAEDIX is a private paediatric clinic unfortunately, we do not offer a bulk-billing service. You will be requested to pay the full amount on the day by credit card or EFTPOS. Rebates are provided by Medicare if eligible, directly into the bank account you have registered with Medicare.